Now is the time to book your holidays to Benidorm, Spain if you are thinking about where to spend your vacation this year.
Benidorm has had massive popularity with the British over the years and that popularity has taken a huge upswing with the success of the ITV program. Check out some of the reasons it has gained all this interest.
Benidorm (also Benedorm) is a popular southern Spanish resort on the Costa Blanca, located 45 km northeast of Alicante. It boasts a skyscraper skyline, plus sun drenched beaches, stretches of sparkling blue water, quaint mountain villages and a thriving nightlife.
It is the largest and busiest resort in the area, hosting about a million British guests a year, but also attracts tourists of all ages. Holidays to Benidorm are the perfect getaway choice for young holidaymakers, families, and mature couples.
The beaches of Benidorm are award winning and widely known as some of the cleanest and most popular in Europe. These include Playa de Levante (‘sunrise beach’), the main beach, Playa de Poniente (‘the sunset beach’) and Mal Pas, which is a little sandy cove.
Things to do on holidays to Benidorm
While on your holidays to Benidorm, there are a variety of watersports that you could choose from, such as parasailing, jet-skiing, scuba diving, and waterskiing.
It is also known as one of the premier party hotspots in Europe, as there is a good number of all-night discos and trendy clubs, restaurants, bars and English pubs all over, that offer foam parties, late night dancing and adult-oriented entertainment.
For the single vacationers and/or couples, there are likewise plenty of tourist shops and traditional taverns, beachfront bars, tea dances, quiz nights, karaoke, and even bingo to occupy your time. There is also Flamenco dancing and bull fighting for that traditional Spanish feel.
Shoppers in Benidorm also have a huge selection of places to visit: open-air stalls, beachfront stalls, and shopping malls to roam around to their hearts’ content.
Benidorm hotels feature hugely as places to stay and there are a wide selection of high-rise hotels and apartments to stay in, a lot of them customized to accommodate families with many children’s activities to keep the small ones engaged and active.
Attractions to see during holidays to Benidorm
Additionally, these attractions are also worth visiting:
- Terra Nature Theme Park – where you can find the Mediterranean’s longest wooden rollercoaster.
- Aqualandia Water Park – an immense leisure and aqua park that features exciting slides, ropes across pools and diving platforms.
- Peacock Island – a ten-minute boat ride away, it is a breathtaking sight as the birds flock.
- Aquascope – a marine reserve where you can go underwater and look at the fish and other underwater creatures.
- Mundomar – a marine park
- Terra Mitica – the largest theme park in Spain.
- Guadalest – known as one of the top tourist attractions in Spain, it overlooks a deep valley. It is also where you can find a castle that literally hangs from the cliff it is settled on.
- Isle de Tabarca
With all this choice, it is rare for holidays to Benidorm to disappoint and we will try to guide you around it on this site.